We use cookies for this website. If you continue to use this website without changing the settings for cookies, we assume that you agree to the use of cookies.
historical picture showing a worker with a deburrer

New Processes

1960-1966
historical picture showing a mobile show room

1960

On-site customer service

In the sixties, a "mobile showroom" makes it possible to demonstrate the curve shears to customers on-site.

historical advertisting picture with a nibbling head

The “nibbling king”

TRUMPF is referred to by a trade magazine as the “nibbling king”. This reflects its activity and success in this sector. Initially, nibbling was seldom used as a method of sheet metal processing. TRUMPF recognized the benefits of this slitting process for sheet metal processing, using it in its stationary machines and power tools.

historical picture showing Berthold Leibinger explaning an engineering drawing

1961

Berthold Leibinger becomes head of construction

The company has 325 employees and generates sales of DM 11 million. After time abroad in the USA, Berthold Leibinger becomes head of the engineering department, which had seven employees and was housed in a shed on the company's premises in Weilimdorf.

historical building of the company building of TRUMPF in Farmington USA

1963

Consistent international focus starts

The first foreign subsidiary is founded in Zug, Switzerland, in 1963, and is quickly followed by the subsidiary in Farmington, CT, USA in 1969. This marks the beginning of a comprehensive international company structure in all key industrial markets, with the aim of achieving the greatest possible proximity to customers. For this reason, TRUMPF has a strong presence in Europe, America, and Asia from a very early stage, and in some cases this includes production sites. For example, 1982 sees the establishment of a plant in Grüsch in the Swiss canton of Grisons, to which the entire production of power tools is relocated. Nowadays, 2D laser processing machines and marking lasers are also produced there.

historical picture of the first beveller TKF 100 from TRUMPF

The first TRUMPF beveller

The first TRUMPF TKF 100 beveller is built. The TKF is a portable compressed air tool, which is handy and can be used for small parts as well as bulky, heavy workpieces. For the first time, the TKF enables sheets to be bevelled effortlessly prior to welding. The great success of this tool enables high levels of investment in development.

historical picture showing watch springs processed with laser technology

1964

Shareholder at HAAS-LASER

HAAS and the Frankfurt Battelle Institute look into applications for the laser in the production of mainsprings. The contact-free application of welding energy with the laser enables greater component quality and therefore, greater accuracy of the mechanical clockwork mechanisms. TRUMPF later becomes a shareholder at HAAS-LASER (1992).

Historical picture of Berthold Leibinger and Christian Trumpf

1967

Steady growth

In 1967, the company grows to 440 employees and generates a turnover of DM 20 million.

historical picture of a booth of TRUMPF at a trade show in Hanover Germany
1950-1959

Stationary Machines Establish Themselves

historical picture of the first sheet metal fabrication machine with a numerical control system from TRUMPF
1967-1977

The Success Story of Numerical Control

Contact

Dr. Alexandra Fies
Corporate History
Fax: +49 7156 303932911
E-mail
Service & contact