To improve automation processes in the forging industry, the forge heating units have been tried to be integrated in the production process. Here, induction forge heating units have considerable advantage over traditional furnaces. They include low space requirements and no power supply issues. Furthermore, forging with induction heating means no effluent gases, combustion products or high heat emission, thus environment-friendly processes.
Delivering precise deformation temperatures
Advantages of induction forging include:
- no case decarburization, no formation of coarse grainsless
- scaling due to short heat-up time
- increased forge service life
- reduced scrap as a result of even temperatures
- immediate operational readiness, almost no set-up time