- Learning the production basics
- Identifying parts together
- Manufacturability analysis and business case evaluation
Consulting and training for additive manufacturing
Getting started with the technology, identifying and developing suitable components or optimizing your production – at TRUMPF Additive Manufacturing (AM) you can always rely on competent support along the entire additive manufacturing process chain.
We provide a wide range of training and consulting services to enable you to quickly learn and apply new methods, thus optimally preparing you for the additive manufacturing of components.
We help you to become more economical and efficient and to achieve higher quality.
Identify your potential
Find out more about laser metal fusion (LMF) and powder bed fusion (PBF) technology and incorporate additive manufacturing expertise into your business. Identify initial uses where the potential of additive manufacturing components can be leveraged to create a business case for cost-effective production.
Customer example of part identification
After analyzing the cutting properties of a 2D laser machine, diode cooling was identified as a component requiring optimization.
Added value from metal 3D printing
- Improved cooling
- Component reduction through function integration
- Simplified assembly
- Weight reduction
Develop your part
Designs compatible for 3D printing are crucial in order to fully exploit the technology's potential. It is therefore important to know how to design 3D printed components to enable you to create solutions that are suitable for production. We also assist in selecting materials and powders and in preparing the build job data. This includes generating the right support structures and, where applicable, adjusting parameter settings.
- Designing components suitable for additive manufacturing
- Selecting appropriate materials and powders
- Preparing data and generating support
- Selecting and optimizing parameters
Customer example of component design
The original design has been re-designed and re-engineered, resulting in an optimized 3D printed component.
Benefits of metal 3D printing
- Integrated flexure joint
- 75% fewer components
- 62% lower volume
- 10% lower costs
Produce your part
We support you from the initial production of a sample part in our application laboratory, through to prototype production and production on your own machine. Find out about the benefits of monitoring systems and how they can be used, and about quality assurance steps options to ensure material properties in additive manufacturing. Ensuring correct post-processing of your component is also important, beginning with the appropriate heat treatment, the removal of the support structure and ending with the surface treatment.
- Operating the machine
- Monitoring and data analysis
- Quality assurance
- Heat treatment and post-processing
Customer example for additive manufacturing series production
Additive manufacturing has not only reduced production costs but also significantly simplified assembly.
Motor cooling element for TRUMPF cutting unit
- 400 units per year produced from 316L stainless steel on a TruPrint 3000
- Post-processing: Milling threads for inlets and outlets
- 40% reduction in manufacturing costs compared to conventional production
- Quality testing in series production on accompanying samples gives a relative density of 99.8% and a tensile strength of 700 MPa
- Simplified assembly due to integrated flexure joint
Establish & improve your process
Work with us to optimize your production process. Benefit from our continuous development of machine functions, software, materials and parameters. Find out the main factors influencing component costs and increase your additive manufacturing's profitability. How to successfully series produce additive manufacturing components.
- Ramp up series production
- Process optimization
Customer example of process optimization
Overheating of the original component has resulted in poor surface quality and process defects. Parameter optimization and various test runs has resulted in an optimized, higher-quality component.
Benefits of process optimization
- Improved surface quality
- Improved overhang construction
- Increased build rate